- 9th Dan Karate and Kung Fu
- International Tai Chi Coach
- 3rd Dan Iaido
- 2nd Dan Jodo
- 1st Dan Ju Jitsu
- BCCMA Coach
- Level 3 NVQ coach
- Author of books, blogs and magazines
Martial Arts Coach & Tai Chi Instructor
- 4th Dan Kung Fu
- Tai Chi Instructor
- BCCMA coach
- MASA qualification level 4
- DBS Enhanced check
- First Aid Certificated
- Child Protection qualified
- Level 4 BACPR (British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation)
- Mental Health First Aid qualified
- Advanced Exercise Referral
- Instructor level 2 understanding health improvements
- Level 2 BTEC ‘Changing Lives’ Nutrition & weight management award
- Level 3 Advanced Exercise & Fitness
- Level 2 Exercise & Fitness (under 18’s)
Manager & Welfare Officer
- 1st Dan Karate
- DBS Enhanced Checked
- Adult & Child Safeguarding Qualified
- Adult Mental Health First Aider
- Youth Mental Health First Aider
- Covid-19 Awareness Qualified
SHI KON TEAM LEADERS – HELPFUL, POSITIVE ROLE MODELS FOR OUR JUNIOR STUDENTS.
Our Team Leaders are a much valued addition to our Shi Kon Kung Fu Family. They act as positive role models for the junior members of the class, they help demonstrate techniques and act as training buddies to young or shy children in the beginner and lower grade classes. They are a positive group of young people and all our junior students (from green belt level and age 7 to 17) can apply to be a team leader. They have a slightly different training uniform that’s exclusive to them and makes them easily identifiable in class.
It can be very helpful for a new or lower graded child to see their peers progressing through the grade levels learning new skills and gaining in self confidence.
New beginners can be nervous and are not always confident when trying something new. Having a Team Leader welcome a shy child into class helps them settle in and enjoy their first Martial Arts class.
Becoming a Shi Kon Team Leader is a great way to improve Martial Art skills and confidence. It’s also a great way to make new friends, have fun, develop communication skills and help others and we are very proud of the great team of young people we have that fulfill this vital role in class.